To streamline and accelerate new technology evaluation and validation for the industry, as well as for technology providers and scientists, the SafeTEC™ core members (see video) have outlined the critical points on why the industry’s drug safety experts should join SafeTEC. The opportunity is to provide SafeTEC members with a coordinated function which accelerates and improves technology evaluation.
SUMMARY OF KEY POINTS:
The infrastructure, resources, project management, and processes that are part of SafeTEC (through One Million Solutions in Health) are fundamentally creating a warehouse of technology solutions, coupled with an industry-driven system, to collaboratively move the technology through identification, evaluation, modification and validation — to utilization (or not).
The SafeTEC Consortium has been re-formed, based on an eleven-year history which provides the experience and rigorous methodology, along with expanded and unparalleled technology sources, to identify and evaluate new technology opportunities.
The SafeTEC™ key differentiators are:
– Technology evaluation and validation: beyond basic research
– 11 years of experience and history – with 40 Validation Projects and 100’s of evaluations – based on a proven process and methodology
– Preparing Guidance Documents for the vendor and scientific community
– Flow of opportunities through untapped sources – we can find and assess “The Hidden GEMS”
– One-of-a-kind partnership agreement with the NIH Office of Technology Transfer, providing a flow of new technology and new patents, beyond those currently being promoted
– Access to a network of 4000 universities in 160 countries – and their technology
– Our own extensive database in life sciences and health care
– Curated database where we curate serious science, catalogue and index it to make it searchable, providing regular updates to ensure you have important information at your fingertips
– Vendor/scientist coaching and readiness
– Coaching of vendors/scientists to improve and accelerate the process
– We regularly coach scientists who then share their science, providing us with extensive experience in ensuring the science is industry-applicable
– The choice of projects is driven by the SafeTEC consortium pre-vetting the science for usability and scalability
– We have developed Guidance Documents which provide a baseline assessment mechanism, to ensure the most applicable opportunities are moved forward